Cleaning your floors is essential for making your home brighter and avoiding many health hazards. However, most people do not know the fundamentals of cleaning. In his guide, we will discuss two main aspects of cleaning; cleaning hardware floors and floor maintenance.
• Cleaning Hardware Floors:
If you have a vintage or a restored home, your floors are probably original hardware. Hardware floors are made of oak, maple, or exotic woods. The most common materials used to make hardware floors are Brazilian cherry, Bamboo, and other alternatives. Bamboo and renewable alternatives have become more popular because they are eco-friendly.
Here is how to clean the hardware floors.
1. Sweep your hardware floors up with a dust mop daily.
2. You should damp mopped with a high-quality soap.
3. Search for the best cleaners that do not have strong detergents. Gentle detergents that contain oils will protect your hardware floors.
4. Even if you used a gentle detergent, do not use too much liquid on your floor. Woods floors are more natural and they can be damaged by over-saturation or too much liquid.
• Floor Maintenance:
If you are looking for reducing the money you spend on maintaining, repairing, replacing, or cleaning your floors by professional cleaners, you should start thinking about maintaining your floors.
Here are what you should do to maintain your floors.
1. Ease of Maintenance:
Here are the main points.
• Some floors can be cleaned easier than others can.
• If you have carpets, you need to pay more attention because they get dirty easily via stains and spots.
• Hard surfaces like the floors are easier to clean since they do no easily get dirty.
• Wooden floors are easier to maintain than tiled floors and other types.
2. Essential Floor Care Products:
You must have a mop and a broom to get your floors clean. If you have carpets, you should have a vacuum. Wax is needed for wood floors and all-purpose cleaners are required for carpeted floors.
3. How to Keep Your Floors Clean:
The first step to maintain clean floors is sweeping the dirt away. You should place a welcome mat at the front of your door. You should also include the rule of leaving shoes outside the house.
Once you find a spot or a stain, act immediately and try to remove it as soon as possible.
Keeping your floors clean is one of the best things to do to save money and have a clean house all the time. Also, know more about carpet cleaning tips for stains like oil and water here.