Berber carpet cleaning is a delicate process as compared to other types of carpets as these carpets are handwoven and usually more delicate materials are used in manufacturing them. These carpets give a beautiful look to the area where they have been used but over the course of time, they also have the tendency to get extremely soiled and stained owing to casual use and require Berber carpet cleaning process to be performed in order to keep them in an appropriate shape and outlook. Since these carpets are more delicate in nature, it is important to perform the cleaning process with extreme care so that it does not affect the quality of the carpet material.
In this article, we will explain a standard Berber carpet cleaning process that people can conveniently perform at home using home available supplies in order to achieve the best results.
Supplies required to perform the process to clean Berber carpet
In order to perform the Berber carpet cleaning process, there are a few supplies that people will require in order to achieve the desired results. It is essential to ensure that most appropriate supplies have been selected for performing the process because inappropriate supplies will result in negatively affecting the Berber carpet. Some of the important supplies required for performing the process are given below:
- Cleaning agent: An appropriate cleaning agent will be required in order to remove stains from the carpet and restore its fresh look. We recommend using a non-abrasive and natural cleaning agent since it will be able to restore the clean look of the Berber carpet without affecting its material.
- Vacuum cleaner: In order to remove dust and dirt particles present on the surface and at the base of Berber carpet fibers, we recommend using a vacuum cleaner. It will be able to suck garbage residue present on the carpet as well as provide for standard cleaning.
- Cleaning brush: We recommend using a soft cleaning brush during the Berber carpet cleaning process since removing hard stains present on the carpet may be difficult.
Steps involved in the procedure to clean Berber carpets
In the section below, we will explain steps that are applicable to the Berber carpet cleaning process. However, before performing the process, it is important to ensure the availability of the appropriate supplies. Similarly, we also recommend people to test the suitability of a cleaning agent and other supplies for the material of the carpet so that it does not have adverse effects on its quality. Some of the steps involved in the process are given below:
- In the first step, test the suitability of the cleaning agent at a hidden portion of the carpet before applying it to more visible areas.
- Now, vacuum cleaner the carpet with the help of a vacuum cleaner so that it can remove dust and dirt particles present on the surface of the carpet.
- In the next step, wash areas where stains are available with the help of water and apply cleaning agents on these areas.
- Now, scrub these areas with the help of a soft brush so that hard stains and spillages present on the carpet starts to come off.
- Continue the scrubbing process until a clean look of the Berber carpet starts to appear.
- In the end, wash the carpet again with the help of clean water and let it dry for an appropriate period.