Cleaning is a habit. If you want your kids to be organized in all the aspects of life, you should teach them how to keep their rooms organized first. It is all about teaching them an easy routine and provides them with the necessary tools to make their rooms clean and organized.
Here are the main points you should take care of.
1. Cleaning Kids Rooms:
There are certain points you should follow as a parent.
• When your kids reach the elementary school age, start directing them towards your cleaning needs. Make a checklist and be specific. For example, ask them to keep their desks organized or put the books on the bookshelf once they finish it. Your kids will feel responsible when you provide them with checklists. They will know that they have to finish all their organizing duties first. The list must be suitable for your kids’ ages.
• Your kids should learn how to dust, wipe surfaces, clean the bathroom, and vacuum. These activities are essential in any cleaning process. Give them a suitable time for each task and encourage them to finish by offering surprises.
•Declutter regularly. Remove toys and items that they will not use anymore to help them clean their rooms easily.
2. Keeping Kids Rooms Organized:
Cleaning is the first step, organizing is the second. Here is how organizing should work.
•You should provide your kids with storage areas. For example, bins, baskets, and bookshelves. They have their own things and even when they get older, it is great to keep their old things safe.
• Discuss with your kids what they are going to store and how they would like the storage places to be. For example, if your kid loves reading, having a bookshelf near the bed would be great.
•Keeping the desks organized is essential for keeping the whole room organized. Your kids may feel overwhelmed if they study in a mess. That is why it is essential to teach them how to organize their studying corners.
• Guilt can play a role in teaching your kids how to keep their rooms organized. They should feel guilty when they do not keep their rooms organized after playing because they will have to do it tomorrow.
• Do not help them unless they asked you to. It is part of making them responsible for their own lives. You should interfere only to guide them. Otherwise, they will depend on you in everything. You can know more about cleaning hardwood floors floor maintenance here.